Maricopa County Maricopa County, AZ
APS Energy Services, one of the prominent performance contracting companies in Arizona, requested the service of Lincus to provide a detailed energy audit of nearly 137 county buildings. These buildings owned and maintained by the Maricopa County exceeded 10 million square feet with an estimated annual electric cost of approximately $20 million.
Lincus engineers performed the following tasks towards the completion of this project:
- Performed a detailed energy audit that included a complete inventory of all energy consuming items.
- Developed detailed energy simulation models and reconciled the models with the actual monthly
energy (kWh) and demand (kW) consumptions of the building within +/- 10% tolerance levels for all
county buildings. Building types included large offices, data centers, courthouses, detention centers
and parking structures.
- Developed energy efficiency measures for each building including HVAC, interior/exterior lighting,
ventilation, refrigeration, heat rejection, pumps, boilers and other miscellaneous electrical loads.
For smaller buildings, Lincus developed customized engineering spreadsheet tools and bin analysis
- Lincus’ recommendations included 44,000,000 kWh of savings opportunities which in turn translated
to about $5.5 million in annual energy cost savings.
- Estimated total worth of proposed energy projects were about $80,000,000 which in turn translated
to about 12 years of time in average payback period including utility incentives from APS/SRP.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT LINCUS
FOR MORE INFORMATION
ON THIS SERVICE.