Porterville Development Center
The Porterville Development Center is a rehabilitation and treatment center for patients of all types of illnesses and disabilities. The PDC is composed of many buildings which include residence hall; training; administrative; laundry; pool; gymnasium and auditorium building, totaling about 1,101,250 bullet feet. Lincus was called upon to prepare a Program Analysis Report to give the customer and its personnel all possibilities for energy-efficiency improvements at their center.
A total of 13 different energy-efficiency measures (EEM’s) were identified in Lincus’ energy analysis.
- Office Lighting System Upgrade
- Replace existing T-12 and other older T-8 generation lamps with newer generation T8’s with
XPS bulbs/PSX ballasts
- Replace existing High Output Metal Halide Fixtures with High Efficiency High Bay T5 lighting
- Install Occupancy Sensors on all the retrofitted High Output T-5 fixtures
- Power Management software for desktop computers
- Virtualization of existing servers
- Installation of Misers with the existing vending machines
- Install high-efficiency packaged units with differential enthalpy economizers
- Replace all existing wall mounted bard units with high-efficiency packaged AC wall- mounted units
- Install CO2 sensors for Demand Control Ventilation in the gymnasium and auditorium areas
- Removal of the existing inlet guide vanes and installation of variable frequency drives (VFD’s) on all
the supply fans of the air handler units
- Replace the existing pneumatic HVAC controls to direct digital control
- Install a 30kW photovoltaic (PV) cell system over the flat roofs of the plant operations building
- Make overall steam system improvements
When all recommended measures are implemented, the cumulative payback will be 4.8 years, including the utility incentives of $477,957. Also, with these new measures in place, this facility will save approximately 9.3% of total annual usage of kWh of electricity and 20% on total annual gas consumption.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT LINCUS
FOR MORE INFORMATION
ON THIS SERVICE.